So as some of you may know I am 22 years old, so this blog post is going to be about the things that I have learnt over the 22 years that I have been on this planet. Some of these points are things that I wished I’d have learnt sooner.
- Life has it’s ups and downs making sure that you can’t plan for what’s around the next corner.
- You learn as you live but make mistakes along the way
- NEVER join in with revenge on someone in school, you’ll get into trouble anyway
- It doesn’t matter if you don’t participate in class you won’t get any worse grades in the end
- Maths doesn’t matter all that much, so don’t get wound up if you can’t do it
- Make friends with the teachers (or try too) they tend to go a bit easier on you then
- It doesn’t matter if you don’t know what shallower means in the swimming pool, you learn that when you start drowning.
- How to do a cartwheel from the top of the stairs (I can’t do these either, I fell)
- Don’t worry about people laughing at you they’ll get bored in the end.
- It’s not your fault you tripped over in PE and slid towards the wooden double doors, splitting your top lip (I think I tripped over my own two feet though)
- Look forward never back (haha Secondary School was worse…)
- Acting is an escape
- Don’t pretend to be something you’re not
- Don’t always put a brave face on in front of people that you can trust
- What doesn’t kill you makes you stonger
- Put the work in at college and you get distinctions
- Grass isn’t always greener…
- Make out that you know what you’re doing on your driving test and you will pass (make sure you put effort in though)
- Things are sent to try you and your patience
- Don’t trust easy… you get burnt
- Look for something creative to do, that you don’t have to do perfectly
- Celebrate your achievements, don’t look down on failures, another achievement is just around the corner.
As you can see there are a wide range of lessons on this list that I have learnt over the 22 years of being on this planet, some the easy way and some the hard way. I can safely say I won’t ever stop learning or developing to be the best that I can be.
Why not put some of the lessons that you have learnt in the comments box below?
Don’t forget you can still donate to Mind by clicking here.
Lots of Love Always